Academic Activities (Lecturing)
Dr Stefano Fedele lectures on Oral Medicine topics at University College London, Faculty of Medical Sciences, UCL Eastman Dental Institute, which is the largest postgraduate dental school in Europe and has a reputation as one of the world’s leading academic centres for dentistry.
He is Director of the MSc in Oral Medicine at University College London, Faculty of Medical Sciences, UCL Eastman Dental Institute.
His lectures and seminars include a wide range of Oral Medicine topics including:
- Recurrent Aphthous Stomatitis
- Oral precancerous conditions
- Oral dysplasia and oral cancer
- Oral lichen planus (OLP)
- Blistering disease (e.g. pemphigus and pemphigoid)
- Orofacial granulomatosis (OFG)
- Dry mouth
- Salivary gland disorders (non-surgical)
- Sjogren’s syndrome
- Oral candidosis and other fungal infections
- Viral infections of the oral cavity
- Pigmented lesions of the oral mucosa
- Taste disturbances
- Disorders of the tongue
- Oral Ulcerations
- White and red patches
- Chronic orofacial pain
- Burning Mouth Syndrome
- Temporo-mandibular disorders
- Jaw bone disease (Non-surgical)
- Jaw osteonecrosis associated with bisphosphonates and other anti-resorptive agents
- Oral Graft versus Host Disease (GvHD)
- Oral manifestations of systemic disorders
- Orofacial complications of Head & Neck radiotherapy and cancer chemotherapy
He also provides Continuing Professional Development lectures on Oral Medicine topics as part of:
- Overseas Registration Examination (ORE) Part 1: Human Diseases
- London Deanery courses (Section 63)
- Medical Protection Society
Academic Activities (Research)
Dr. Fedele’s research activity is predominantly focused on clinical and translational research in Oral Medicine. He has published over 90 papers on both general medical and specialist journals including The Lancet, Journal of Clinical Oncology, America Journal of Medicine, Journal of Dental Research, Journal of Oral Pathology & Medicine, and Journal of Rheumatology.
Dr Fedele has been awarded as Principal Investigator (or contributed to as Co-Investigator) research grants from several EU and UK funding bodies including FP6, FP7, NIHR Research for Patient Benefit, NIHR Invention for Innovation, Arthritis Research UK for a total of approximately £4M over the last 12 years (2001-2013).
Click here to learn more about Dr Fedele’s research.